Sunday, January 1, 2017

What's up everyone! I'm Michael, and I sort of feel like I HAVE to tell you all this. I'm a very weird person, and I don't think anyone really understands me. In a world where if do something even remotely out of the norm, people will shun you, or treat as if your a criminal and you've broken the law or something.

 This has become even more clear as I progress through my freshman year of high school. If you try and express who you are as a person, people often times will tease you for it. It really sucks that uniqueness is becoming extinct, and I seriously hate that. I was like that too at one point, afraid of what others would say about me. But in 8th grade I got sick of it, and I deviated from the norm. I started doing my own thing and not what others were doing. A lot more people started talking to me, not because I was acting stupid or anything like that. (It's great to be unique, but NEVER and I mean NEVER act to stupid to please someone, NO ONE likes that.)

People started talking to me because I brought something different to the table. Think about it like this, if you were at a dinner table, and everybody brought hot dogs, you'd probably get annoyed pretty quick right? We need some variety, that way we can have Sam bring some pizza, or Lizzy bring some soda, or Little Jimmy bring some cereal. (No cereal? Dangit..) 

Well I'm sure you all get the point though. There is no point in you trying to be like someone else. But don't get me wrong, role models are an awesome, healthy thing to have, but I'll talk about that in another post. Remember though, there is only one of you in this ENTIRE UNIVERSE so do what you do best, be yourself! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find Little Jimmy, I was serious about that cereal. 

Post a Comment: